Hamble Campbell's Home Page

An occasional window on Hamble Campbell's world.

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Mary Ann Ostrander tribute blanket - though I am not sure what she would have made of it.

I had a bit of trouble with the threading and had to tie in two extra heddles that I'd misthreaded. That wasn't easy and in fact took me half an hour each. I decided I could not cope with string replacements so I just tied on two spare metal heddles onto the shafts with string.

Before that I realised that I had not got the pattern symmetrical and so I had to recalculate the threading to accommodate and extra 17 ends. To do this I had to lose one entire pattern sequence so there are now seven flowers instead of eight - but they are at least central on the cloth. Unfortunately this means that the blanket is narrower (it has the same number of threads but with a wider selvedge). A can of worms but I have muddled through so far.


Post a Comment

<< Home