Hamble Campbell's Home Page

An occasional window on Hamble Campbell's world.

Monday, January 01, 2007

ANOTHER HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU!

















We celebrated New Year with a roast dinner, including red cabbage which is mysteriously re-available in the shops after its pre-Christmas absence. There were nine of us at the table and we followed Kodakina's stollen with two rounds of Consequences and two hands of Canasta, until people begged to be allowed to go home.

Perhaps you would like to see pictures of a handbag I made from my weaving. I gave it to my friend E for Christmas and she said she liked it. It is lined, as you see, and has some strong Vilene between the lining and the weaving for stability. It fits under the shoulder and does up with two leather- covered buttons. I was pretty pleased with it and have started making another.

I failed in my goal to finish my red and green Maria Collins linenweave but have high hopes that it will be finished before the day ends. Watch and judge if you will.

2 Comments:

  • At 02 January, 2007 12:21, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    And a Happy New Year to you too!! Very impressive handbag, if I may say so and one that will set off many an outfit. Am already excited as to what next Christmas will bring ...

     
  • At 04 January, 2007 17:17, Blogger Irene Adler said…

    It doesn't go that well with pink.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home