Hamble Campbell's Home Page

An occasional window on Hamble Campbell's world.

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Apocolyptic dragon all sewn up

Well I've finished sewing my dragon and he looks mighty fine. I had to unpick his red tongue and replace it with a silver one as it looked quite disgustng. I shall have to apply my mind to framing it now, which is probably more difficult. I shall see if I can take a photo and then you will all be able to admire it and post me some flattering comments.

My next work will involve blackbirds, apple blossom, silver, pink and duck egg blue. It will be on a much larger scale and will include some machine embroidery as well as applique and hand embroidery. It will be in homage to Eirian Short, whose work I saw recently.

2 Comments:

  • At 26 October, 2005 15:35, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Irene, I am looking forward to seeing your dragon and wish I was artistic in some way.

    And I can only agree with your other two postings regarding the importation of wild birds - I couldn't believe it was legal to import the poor things from the wild anyway.

    And 4x4s - I think car parks should have barriers too low for them to enter.

    In fact our minds seem to be at one about a lot of things - kindred spirits in fact..

     
  • At 26 October, 2005 21:15, Blogger Irene Adler said…

    Elizabeth, we are like sisters.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home