Hamble Campbell's Home Page

An occasional window on Hamble Campbell's world.

Monday, March 16, 2009

Greenwich chorus is now on CD

Yes it's true.

The BBC Radiophonic Workshop recordings have been put onto CD and are up for sale at Amazon etc.

I am very pleased to have my copy, as it means I can listen to Peter Howell's lovely Greenwich Chorus whenever I choose. I have wanted to have a recording of this since I first heard it on Jonathan Miller's TV series The Body In Question when I was a teenager. And that was a while ago, sadly.

There are lots of other splendid pieces of music on the double disc, and, it has to said, some horrible pieces too.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • At 18 June, 2009 23:05, Anonymous Adrian said…

    It's a great piece of music and it was lodged in my brain too. The CD is a real mixed bag and some of it is indeed terrible!

     
  • At 22 June, 2009 16:44, Blogger Irene Adler said…

    They needed an editor - it would have fitted on one disc then.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home