Hamble Campbell's Home Page

An occasional window on Hamble Campbell's world.

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Busy



This is a huge skein of rug wool (3.6kg) draped over my (closed/folded) warping mill. The yarn is unravelled and being wound onto my ball winder. It takes me about ten minutes to wind a "cheese" of approx. 135g. I've wound 16 so by my calculations I have another 13 to go.

This is an easy skein to unwind. But there are others which are more challenging ....

I ordered 20kg of rug wool from ebay. It is wonderfully cheap, amounting to less than £1.50 a kilo, and that is including the postage. It is Axminster rug yarn, 80 per cent British wool and 20 per cent nylon. Just right for my rug making projects.

Unfortunately it can be quite tricky to transform it into a state suitable for putting on a shuttle, and it is filling my house with fluff in the process. But at that price, who could complain!

And the colours are all lovely and useful. It felt like Christmas, opening the bags when they arrived - three full coal sacks. Hooray.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home