Hamble Campbell's Home Page

An occasional window on Hamble Campbell's world.

Thursday, January 01, 2009

Dyeing experiment



Perhaps you would like to see some pictures of my second experiment in dyeing - these are 1g samples of silk noil in 66 beakers, changing colour in three directions, each with different proportions of red, blue and green (from Ann Milner's book again)

I am still waiting for them to dry so I can put them on a piece of card and then maybe I shall choose some colours to dye my scarf warp and weft that I've got prepared.

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At 06 January, 2009 20:00, Blogger Dorothy said…

    Oh well done Irene - this is something I hope to do as it seems like the best way to get to know your dye colours. I hadn't realised I might need a large collection of cups for the project. I hope you will show us the results ;)

    Happy New Year.

     
  • At 07 January, 2009 18:37, Blogger Peg in South Carolina said…

    I did this a long time ago with MX dyes on cotton. I was a wonderful learning experience. I have not done it with my Lanaset acid dyes, though I have done lots of other dyeing experiments.

     
  • At 07 January, 2009 20:23, Anonymous Irene said…

    Dorothy, Peg,

    Well it took me all day, but it was enjoyable! And the colours look quite good.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home