Hamble Campbell's Home Page

An occasional window on Hamble Campbell's world.

Monday, January 08, 2007

Too late for Christmas


and can't afford it anyway. But what I'd really REALLY like is a new loom. I have a great wish for a wider loom so I can weave a tablecloth all in one piece, and with eight shafts, so I can do fancy double weave, etc, and one that is strong enough to weave rugs on. Such a loom is the Nilus II floor loom by Leclerc, a jack loom with back- hinged treadles. Maybe I will magically find one for sale ever so cheaply second hand. I shall continue on my existing Leclerc, which I am delighted with although of course it does not do the above.

My twisted warp is now on the loom, after a tremendous struggle and much wringing of hands and wailing misery me. You can see where the heading is woven and all wavy - that is from having to repeatedly pull individual warp threads taut as I could not knot them tightly enough in a group as they were all so twisted. I am not sure if it will weave up properly but so far it is certainly not as bad as I had imagined. I am just about to throw a few picks on it and I will report back later.

2 Comments:

  • At 16 January, 2007 13:53, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    If I win the lottery I will buy you one and you can make me a tablecloth for next Christmas!!

    Actually I did win something - 3 mixed peppers from Sainsburys!! I used them to make myself a prawn stir fry. Very nice.

     
  • At 18 January, 2007 17:07, Blogger Irene Adler said…

    That is a very strange prize. I hope you win the lottery soon.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home