Hamble Campbell's Home Page

An occasional window on Hamble Campbell's world.

Sunday, July 16, 2006

Bullrushes?

I cut these grassy plants from our little pond as they are so beautiful. But what are they? (Sorry, it would be nice to have one of those cameras that don't give a blurred image when you shake the camera at the moment of clicking the shutter.). We always called these rushes/sedges, "Bullrushes" - but now I think that's not right. I shall have another look in by book. They have lovely brown furry fat pipecleaners for flowers and a spindly bit at the top where their seeds were.

1 Comments:

  • At 17 July, 2006 23:07, Blogger Irene Adler said…

    I can now inform you all that these plants are in fact Bulrushes (with one L) and are also known as Reedmace. So I was right after all.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home