Hamble Campbell's Home Page

An occasional window on Hamble Campbell's world.

Monday, May 01, 2006

Logcabin weave finished article

I was pleased with my weaving here, although the wool is perhaps a bit itchy. I could imagine this fabric being more suitable for a cushion cover or curtains. So if I was to weave this scarf again I would use softer wool (I just used some oddments I had to hand) and I think I would put in a bit of colour at the ends. When I took it off the loom it looked quite nice with the blue header I had put in. Unfortunately I had already cut the threads when I had this thought. The header is supposed to be just for getting the tension regular and to weave past the Vs that occur at the beginning of weaving near the knots for the front stick.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home