Hamble Campbell's Home Page

An occasional window on Hamble Campbell's world.

Monday, February 07, 2005

Coincidence

I read in the paper that it is Russel Hoban's eightieth birthday around this time of year - so HAPPY BIRTHDAY Mr Hoban!

I read "The Mouse and his Child" to my children several years ago. I think it's probably my favourite RH book and one of my favourite works of literature for children. I read "The Bat Tattoo" a couple of years back and Riddley Walker last year. Do read RW if you haven't yet - I think it deserves its fame/cult status.

A funny coincidence which could be explained in several ways occurred when I borrowed Bat Tattoo from our library. At the same time I borrowed HP Lovecraft's The Dunwich Horror and MRJames' Ghost Stories. What a surprise to find both these works in the Bat Tattoo!

Well, shan't go on as University Challenge is on.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home