Web's a wonder.
This is the first piece I have woven on my new big loom. I am pretty relieved that the dear old thing actually works and I quite like the patterns on this, my first eight shaft weave.
It did not quite turn out as expected. The learning curve was just a trifle too steep for me. I intended a chequerboard pattern with squares of about one inch but instead I got tiny squares of maybe a quarter of an inch.
The mistake occurred because the double weave pattern I had chosen was for only one unit and I should have combined the units when threading up the heddles to make a bigger square. At least I think that's the problem.
On the whole I think this first warp is a success - given that it was my first stab at:
and double weave.
I haven't the least idea what to do with the fabric - it was just a sacrificial warp of unfavourite yarns whose colours I thought went well together that I put on for my initial set-up. I shall carry on mucking about with it and probably change the tie up when my texsolv cord arrives.
So, onwards and upwards, to infinity ... and beyond.