Hamble Campbell's Home Page

An occasional window on Hamble Campbell's world.

Thursday, January 11, 2007

I think it's gonna be alright.



Phew ... The crossed warp threads aren't causing any trouble and the pattern is coming out pretty well, I think. This is called "Nappy's Butterflies" - from Margaret Porter Davison, (not sure why Nappy's, I would have chosen something different). This is a wool, (horrid, twisty, two-ply) warp in red and then I've done three repeats of the pattern weft each in a different colour of boucle wool.

It will be a narrow scarf andI think I'll do the next one in a thinner, less fuzzy weft and then the pattern might be clearer - the photos show the pattern better than the real thing, I believe. The warp is 260" long (which is partly why I really didn't want it to fail), so I should get at least three scarves out of it.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home