Hamble Campbell's Home Page

An occasional window on Hamble Campbell's world.

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Overshot scarf sampler


I think the dark blue is best. This is really too thick and at too dense a sett to be a good scarf but it would be a great fabric for a table cover or cushion cover. However, I shall go ahead and wash it and maybe someone will be pleased if there should ever be a cold spell again. The other thing wrong is that I can feel that one of the floating selvages is taut. I think this was because the lino I used to separate the warp on the warp beam was too thick and inflexible. It did not roll on tightly or equally and so the circumference of the warp around the beam was not uniform across its entire width. Result - disaster. Maybe it will sort itself out in the wash.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home