Hamble Campbell's Home Page

An occasional window on Hamble Campbell's world.

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

A Handbag!


I thought you should be amongst the first to see my new handbag.

Last Saturday I undertook my third weaving lesson. Actually it was really my first weaving lesson because the first two days were mainly spent learning how to warp the loom.

This is my colour and weave sampler - it has different warp threadings which my teacher had put onto the loom for me. I then wove different combinations of the warp wool in the weft to see the effects each had.

At home I washed the fabric and it felted slightly. Then I made it up into this bag, using an old bamboo handle I had to hand. I have to admit to some pride in this article, though next time I would probably ensure the handle wasn't such a close fit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home