Hamble Campbell's Home Page

An occasional window on Hamble Campbell's world.

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Harris four shaft table loom

Some of you may have been wondering why I have not blogged for a wee while, and if you have, well thank you, I'm flattered.

I've been struggling to finish my rag rug. This is now on the homeward strait and I will post a photo of the completed work shortly. The edges are proving to be something of an endurance test. A bit like Blue Peter's Gethin on his green beret route march. (I put that in because it is sure to dredge up google interest. I may find some new readers. However, you would not believe how many people came to my site after I wrote about Blue Peter's Gethin and Zoe. I had to change some of my words,ie.a word containing the letters x, s and e and the word bikini as I had many unwelcome hits.

Looking ahead to my next project - I am going to try to learn to weave. I have bought a book on the subject (from America, via Abe books - isn't that exciting?) and a loom, second-hand. I'm currently reading the book and then as soon as the rug is finished I'll get weaving.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home