Hamble Campbell's Home Page

An occasional window on Hamble Campbell's world.

Saturday, January 07, 2006

Hooked rag rug bulletin and embroidery finished work.



I am sure you will all be fascinated to see my finished embroidery actually hanging on my dining room wall. I am calling it a quilt because I thought it looked better unstretched, although it is quite a small quilt and would only really fit a baby's cot. Of course it would be entirely unsuitable for a cot as it has all sorts of notions that an infant could choke on. It is a mixture of applique and embroidery in wool and cotton, on a background of applied circles painted blue and applied white circles that have been machine embroidered. So there you have it.

The rug is almost finished in the top section - just working on the sky and leaves. But there is plenty left to do around his feet - he'll be standing on a fence. Once thing I've learnt is that wool jumpers and cotton tee shirts are nice and quick (well comparatively at least) to hook, whereas plain woven cotton is slow and silk is slower still. I shall press on.

2 Comments:

  • At 13 January, 2006 13:45, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Whilst I cannot see your embroidery on the screen as my employers seem to think seeing photos on the web would lower my productivitiy, I have seen the thing in real life and can recommend it to anyone.

    Very much looking forward to my trip to London tomorrow and the Woman in White. Would also very much like to see Brokeback Mountain, the gay cowboy film, but can't find any gay cowboys to go with, and no one else is interested...

     
  • At 25 January, 2006 19:31, Blogger Irene Adler said…

    Why thank you, kind lady.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home