Hamble Campbell's Home Page

An occasional window on Hamble Campbell's world.

Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Hamble the reed sleyer


Here is my loom's reed, suspended horizontally, for "ease" of sleying. I'm only six inches short of the finishing line. Out of thirty-eight inches.

All the warp threads have to be individually threaded through the reed, which is like a big comb - this one is set at sixteen spaces per inch.

I'm preparing for a baby blanket, boucle wool, in double weave, two fabrics woven simultaneously, each at eight ends per inch. I hope it will end up as a chequerboard pattern - but who knows? I have already got confused about the colours. There are two blues and two purples, threaded in two inch blocks but I think that only every other square will be completely dark blue or completely light blue, and the others will be a mix. And ditto for the purple. But I could be wrong there. It is not really the sort of thing my brain copes with easily so I shall call it an experiment.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home