Hamble Campbell's Home Page

An occasional window on Hamble Campbell's world.

Sunday, December 30, 2007

Quiet moments




At present I'm plodding through my biggest weaving project yet. There is twenty foot of warp on the loom and hopefully that will be sufficient to make covers for two of these chairs. I am at the eight foot mark, but there are 48 weft threads in every inch so it is not going to be the work of a moment.

The chairs were acquired from a charity shop at £5 each and I have moved the back cushion to show you the spokes and let you know how nice the chairs are. I ought to replace the cushions themselves and not just the covers but that is rather expensive - though at least I wouldn't be weaving that.

The loom is threaded alternately with a brown and red warp of unknown type but seems quite strong. The pattern is Finnish Upholstery weave so I thought it would be appropriate, apart from we are not Finnish - and I certainly won't be finished here any time soon either.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home