Well it has been a long time, but I couldn't keep this hot news from you any longer.
My loom now has APRONS!!!
I actually put these on last year but neglected to inform you. It was quite a task for someone as useless at sewing as I am, but as you can see, I succeeded in the end.
This is John Lewis' best deck chair canvas and I have had to SEW it and cut it and attach it (using magical powers and some velcro). I cannot recommend my method, as I can't even remember if I had a method, or what I did precisely - I just kind of fudged the whole thing and it seems to work. The aprons surprisingly stay attached to the beams even though they are just balancing in a slot in the beam via a wooden rod - I a complete turn of canvas round the beam appears enough to keep them in place.
However, I think the aprons have helped solve the problems I'd experienced with lumpy cords causing a nuisance on the beam when winding on, and lopsided warps. I raise my glass of whisky mac in pride and optimism. (I've got a cold and the whisky is helping, thank you).
Labels: weaving loom aprons