Hamble Campbell's Home Page

An occasional window on Hamble Campbell's world.

Friday, March 23, 2007

My beautiful warping mill.


When I bought my loom, the lady loom vendor gave me, all for free, a Toika warping mill with some important bits missing.

After some research identifying the mill's make, I tracked down some bits that weren't EXACTLY right but were nearly so and were then very helpfully made to work by Mr HC.

So I've now got an enormous mill (4m circumference) that spins round like a dream on a big ball bearing - taking up the last bit of free space in our dining room.

Nice to get it for nothing though I would have chosen one less than half its size! I will definitely have to go industrial. No short warps for me from now on. I only weave scarves for giraffes. Or is that scarfs for girarves?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home