Hamble Campbell's Home Page

An occasional window on Hamble Campbell's world.

Monday, July 11, 2005

Getting old, getting fat.

Sadly, my clothes don't seem to fit me any more. They are too small and this is sad for two reasons. Firstly, I don't want to have to buy replacement clothes and secondly, I'd like to be slim and lovely.

In an effort to diminish I have acquired a badminton set for the garden and hopefully I will be able to persuade others around me to hit the shuttlecock back and forth with me. I don't really fancy running, it hurts my shins (even after six months of trying); cycling is too dangerous; swimming is not available here; etc etc.

I blame my age (41), my sedentary job, too many glasses of wine and too much chocolate.

At work I have asked my boss if I can change the year group I work in as I feel so not-useful in the class I'm in at the moment.

Does anyone reading this think they have the perfect job, I wonder?

2 Comments:

  • At 15 July, 2005 19:27, Blogger geokker said…

    The perfect job? I wonder what that could be - it'd probably involve food somewhere for me. Persist with your badminton ambitions - it pays off.

     
  • At 18 July, 2005 23:32, Blogger Irene Adler said…

    To date I have missed not one day of badminton practice.

    On the subject of jobs - medical secretaries are supposed to be very happy. I was indeed very happy for my first year when I was a Med Sec - but then I have to say I got fed up once I'd met the challenge - ie learning all those funny long medical words and getting them down in shorthand).

    I think the perfect job would have to be a hobby you'd turned into your way of earning your living - something artistic/creative, perhaps.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home