Hamble Campbell's Home Page

An occasional window on Hamble Campbell's world.

Sunday, August 27, 2006

First fruit of new loom

Here is a scarf woven in Italian boucle wool (I've got stacks of it). It is lovely and thick and soft. Although it is on a rosepath threading and I followed a lifting sequence I'd used before, the pattern did not show up at all. I was very pleased with the result all the same. I am now making a second scarf with the remaining warp and the pattern is showing this time because I'm using a more contrasting colour, doubling the pattern pick and using a plainweave binder weft, which three things I neglected to do before. I gave this scarf to Mr HC's godson on his 18th birthday, which no doubt was not his favourite present, but possibly the one that will keep him cosiest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home